I've crocheted since childhood, and I picked my knitting back up three years ago, and I love both crafts.
I've thought about hosting a joint crocheting and knitting along for a while now, and when I saw the beautiful Candi Jensen book Knitting Loves Crochet, that was the spark I needed. I picked up the book just because of the title. It just struck me as beautiful, and I like many of the projects in the book.
I don't want to have too many rules for the CAL/KAL, but here are some guidelines...
- The CAL/KAL will run from October 1st to December 31, 2006
- If you primarily crochet, knit something
- If you primarily knit, crochet something
- If you do a bit of both, try a project that has both
- If you'd like to learn to either knit or crochet, give it a try. I'll post some resources with instructions and projects. What project you choose is up to you.
- If you are interested in joining, leave a comment.
Please introduce yourself, and tell us about your knitting and/or crocheting experience as well as what project(s) you'll work on. I should have the book soon, and there are a couple of really cute boleros I'd like to try.