Friday, September 29, 2006

Welcome to the CAL/KAL!

My name is Vera. I live in beautiful Charleston, South Carolina, and my blog is Vera's Crafty Blog.

I've crocheted since childhood, and I picked my knitting back up three years ago, and I love both crafts.

I've thought about hosting a joint crocheting and knitting along for a while now, and when I saw the beautiful Candi Jensen book Knitting Loves Crochet, that was the spark I needed. I picked up the book just because of the title. It just struck me as beautiful, and I like many of the projects in the book.

I don't want to have too many rules for the CAL/KAL, but here are some guidelines...
  1. The CAL/KAL will run from October 1st to December 31, 2006
  2. If you primarily crochet, knit something
  3. If you primarily knit, crochet something
  4. If you do a bit of both, try a project that has both
  5. If you'd like to learn to either knit or crochet, give it a try. I'll post some resources with instructions and projects. What project you choose is up to you.
  6. If you are interested in joining, leave a comment.

Here are some buttons I made. I'm new to button making, and I plan to make more. Please host them to your own server.





Please introduce yourself, and tell us about your knitting and/or crocheting experience as well as what project(s) you'll work on. I should have the book soon, and there are a couple of really cute boleros I'd like to try.

No comments: